Happy Holidays, 2024


December 2024-New Years Day 2025

(Lots of pictures, not many words, just a quick cruise around Richmond to see how some of these guys spent the holidays... )





"I've been thinking about Christmas," Kyle said  "Instead of trying to figure out which of the kids to spend it with this year, why not invite all of them and their families here?".
"All of them?  Can we even fit that many people in the house?" 
"What, its only... 24 people... 25 including Cory's daughter.  And most of them are small children.  It'll be fun."
"Right... fun..." 


"Come on, its been a  hell of a year.  We should do something special, just to celebrate the fact that it's over."
"But they might have their own plans.  I know Cory wants to spend Christmas with his parents, and - "
"So we'll have Christmas the week before Christmas.  The children will get a kick out of doing it twice.  Admit it, you love the idea."
"Maybe... "


"So that means we're doing it?"
"Maybe... "
----






----






----








----








----








----






-----






















"Jeff?!"


"Samantha!"


"Jeff... you... how?" Andrew stammered.
"Uh... Do you guys know each other?" Jeff asked.
"I was just going to ask the same thing," said Samantha.
"We met last night, when I arrived," Jeff said.


"You got my letter..." Samantha said.
Jeff nodded.  "I wasn't sure whether to reply or not.  But then it was Christmas... and I was thinking about last year... I just wanted to see you again."
Andrew shook Jeff's arm to get his attention again. "Wait, is she the one you were telling me about last night?!"
Jeff nodded again.
"But... " He looked from Jeff to Samantha, then back again.  "But last night you said you were here to find your girlfriend."

----

For anyone not following the SBP, Jeff Weiss and Samantha met here, and Samantha wrote to him right back here... so we (Kayton's Billy and I) have been planning this for a while :)

Comments

  1. OMG, what a surprise!!! Oh, poor Andrew, and just when she was starting to warm up to him, lol! It's just awesome that the two of you guys worked this out! Love it! :)

    Of course, now you'll have to update again superfast, because I NEED to know what happens next!

    Oh, and just FYI, not sure if you knew I made us an actual SBP story thread in the story folder at VSS. It keeps getting bumped to the second page because we use it so infrequently, lol! But you might want to link your updates there too (I've been linking my little interview things there too). I figure the babble thread is more for the participants, but the story thread is to update the readers ;)

    Anyway...!

    I loved the way you put this together! And I loved how each scene connected to the ones around it! Very nicely done!

    Roman had me cracking up, lol! Wow, he's got a lot of stamina! ;) Awww @ Kyle and Willow, I'm glad to see them happy again! Wow, what an amazing shot with all those kids! And poor Melissa looked so lonely. I'm glad she got to talk to Thomas. <-- almost called him Kevin, lol! He looks so much like his dad!

    Okay, update quickly now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those are some amazing pictures. And tell the story so well without words. That family pic had to been hard to put together.
    Anyhow, nice update and please don't keep us hanging too long ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, update quickly please. I can't wait to see what happens with the Jeff/Samantha/Andrew triangle. Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I loved all the Christmas pictures and seeing how everyone spent the holiday. Really gorgeous and sweet!

    And wow, what a surprise there with Jeff at the end! Can't wait to see what happens with that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone, thanks... given the way my blog has gone lately, an update any time before r/l Christmas would probably constitute 'superfast', but I'm pretty sure that's not what you have in mind... lol... Seriously, this might be delayed a little due to going through two writers in completely different time zones, but we'll get the next part up as soon as possible, promise!


    Laura, lol @ 'stamina'! We lost all Roman's progress towards his 'woohoo with 20 sims' ltw when we moved hoods, so he has some catching up to do :) . Kevin does look like his father, and so does Autumn... I was glad when the younger two looked more like Cherry, instead of them just producing a whole family of Kevin-clones.

    Mrs Stuffy, the family pic was a major headache, but I think it was worth it! Now I'm looking at the picture, having half-forgotten the headache, I'm considering doing some of my other families.

    Apple, thanks & see above - will update as soon as I can!

    Carla, thanks, I had fun making it - I might do something similar each time we come to the holidays in my hood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love picture posts! You can make up so many stories of your own.

    The first picture is really nicely angled, and all this is really getting me in the festive mood. Especially as it's been snowing here. ;)

    Ooh, can't wait to read more of SBP and see where this all goes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad this is finally happening! (the finally being my fault, lol!)

    Omg, the look on Samantha's face!

    And the rest was just as wonderful. Lately, I've been really enjoying Christmas and holidays in the sims. It's so wonderful to see something so great in real life happen for my (and all of your) sims too. And the way they linked together was perfect.

    OMG DRAMA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shake, thanks, it was fun trying to figure out how to tell these stories without words. Its put me in a festive mood, too - even though Christmas here is in summer.

    Billy, glad you liked it! And, I'm glad it was delayed because it made a nice dramatic ending to my holiday post and my round :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh, I love this post!!
    All those different families and their stories! The pictures pretty much tell the stories!

    And wow what a surprise at the end, I can't wait to read more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tanja, it was a frustrating kind of fun, putting so many families in one post :) I wont' be doing anything like this too often, but it seems like a good way to round off the sim-year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting!

Popular Posts